Saturday, February 7, 2009

Miscommunication through sms

HEY. How's everyone? Right..I'm totally cracking my head on what to blog up here. This is such a killer. I feel stupid by the way. NOBODY READS THIS SHIT I'M BLOGGING. Can someone comment? At least make me feel less dumb. Thank you very kamsa. This is commonly called a 'lingo' or also known as a jargon used among Korean youngsters. Kamsa is taken from Kamsahamnida which means Thank you in Korean. How very creative. Haha. It rolls off the tongue pretty naturally. Try saying it. =D



Okay that is not what I'm gonna talk about for today's post. Have anyone experienced it when someone smses you asking a question and you merely reply "ok", then when you least expect it the next sms you receive from the other party would be "are you ok? are you angry?" Well I've definitely experienced that before and also had a hard time convincing the person that I'm perfectly fine and not angry at all. -.-

Short Message Service which is commonly known as SMS is a service available in all mobile phones these days (unless you own a brick phone then I've got nothing to say -.-) which allows
people to send text messages to others conveniently. Despite the convenience it provides as a medium of communication for all of us, this form of communication unfortunately does bring about miscommunication between people at times.

However this miscommunication is usually brought about by people's misinterpretation of the text message. For some odd reason, people tend to give personal meaning to the message they receive and interpret it wrongly thus misunderstanding the sender's real intentions. Therefore I personally think calling others are much better. Besides being able to prevent these sort of miscommunication, you can also prevent the hassle of having to explain yourself. Haha.

So do you guys prefer calling someone or texting? Have you guys experienced the same situation as I did before? Share yours here! =D

Have a good weekend!


XOXO
atas

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    i prefer texting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 AM

    I've experienced the same thing. My friend misunderstood me when I sms-ed her. I definitely prefer calling now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:55 AM

    I like calling others because it takes too long to sms. I agree sms can cause miscommunication though, some of my friends experienced it

    Calling is better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I have experienced that A LOT! What is so wrong with a plain 'okay' ?? Maybe your just fed up and tired of typing? lol Ever so often, people misinterpret what you have to say through sms's and I have got into a a lot problems due to these vague messages! Same in the case of my friends.. I guess sms's help during the initiation of friendship or when your trying to convey something that is hard to express vocally then yeah at times like these it does help a lot! However, I would prefer calling to sms-ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Seems like many of us experience the same situation. Me too. Apparently one-word smses means that I'm troubled/angry or whatever. Calling is way preferred for me now. It makes things easier and less miscommunication occurs as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LeeLee12:39 AM

    wow! yeah anonymous, many of us seems to have experienced the same thing! :D although i would prefer calling now, there are still occasions where i get 'lazy to talk' and i will end up texting again. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. s-dle38:32 AM

    I have never really fancied sms as it just takes too long to type one out. Calling is much more convenient and fast!

    Oh right, prevents miscommunication as well ;)

    ReplyDelete